ABRON – PR 100 (SL)
ABRON PR100 (SL) has been developed exclusively for aerospace and space application. ABRON PR100 is solventless resol type phenol formaldehyde resin with very good wettability and high flow. Extended shelf life for ABRON PR100 (SL) is achieved by terminating the probable chain extending species to the maximum extent. The oxidative stability of ABRON PR 100 is superior to novolak resin, as the number of reactive hydroxyl groups in the polymer chain are less compared to the novolak resins. It is an established fact that resol type of phenol formaldehyde resins are used in space & aerospace applications. ABRON PR 100 (SL) offers the following distinct advantages over conventional solvent-based phenolic resins:
- It has a long shelf life of 2-3 months when stored at cooled conditions.
- The total solid content in the resin is 70-75% (w/w polymer) ·
- It is highly compatible with glass, silica, carbon and aramid fibres/fabric, etc.
- Void free components/composites are realised by using ABRON PR 100 (SL) ·
- The curecycle of ABRON PR 100 (SL) is the same as that of any ordinary solvent based resol type phenolic resin.
- The unique property of ABRON PR 100 (SL) is that graphitization occurs at temperatures 600°C and above. This graphitization helps to build up the mechanical properties of the composites/components at elevated temperatures. Hence the components/composites of ABRON PR 100 (SL) have better properties at 600°C and SPECIFICATIONS OF ABRON PR 100 (WS).
ABRON PR 100 (SL) can be used as a resin matrix for fiber reinforced composites. It is also used in the manufacture of resin bonded magnesia-carbon and alumina-carbon refractory bricks. It is also useful in the manufacture of tap hole masses of blast furnaces.
SPECIFICATIONS OF ABRON PR 100(SL)
|Type of Resin||Resole type Phenol – Formaldehyde|
|Appearance||Light brown or Amber Coloured|
|Viscosity ( 30oC )||600 – 1200 CP|
|Specific Gravity (30oC )||1.18 – 1.22|
|PH (30oC )||7.5 to 7.8|
|Test tube gel time (170oC )||upto 6 min|
|Char yield (600oC )||min. 65%|
|Solid Content (160oC for 1 hour )||70 – 75%|